[Sept 12 - Nov 7]
The People on a hill Worship Academy Presents:
The Worship Leader Mentorship Program (WLMP).
“Come up here...” Revelation 4:1
God is calling you higher in your ministry as a worship leader. We can help!
When and Where is it?
The WLMP is a 9-week program, September 12 - November 7, consisting of 2-hour weekly sessions every Wednesday from 7pm-9pm. Classes are held at 321 East Avenue, Rochester, NY (Bethel Main Sanctuary.)
Who is it for?
This opportunity is for those who are called to worship leading as their primary ministry, are currently involved in worship leading and are ready to take the next step.
What is it?
Students will receive teaching, personalized feedback and hands-on application with some of our region’s best Worship Leaders. Instructors include Ryan Internicola, Andrew Wendt, Gregory Kayne and more!
While enrolled in the program students will also have access to their Instructors via email and a private Facebook group for questions and continued conversation.
Course content will be tailored to the specific needs of the individual student and the class as a whole. Topics covered will include:
The Role of a Worship Leader
Gift & Skill
The Tools of a Worship Leader
Anatomy of a Song
Anatomy of a Band
Cues for Worship Leading
The Heavenly Worship Model
Planning, Executing and Debriefing a Worship Set
Spontaneity in Worship
The class culminates in a powerful night of worship led in unity by our students and staff!
How much does it cost?
The cost is $250 and includes all required course materials. A limited number of scholarships are available based on need. If interested, check the appropriate box on application.
The student who fully engages with this program will:
- Grow in confidence as a child of God and unique identity as a Worship Leader.
- Increase in awareness of God's movement in worship and ability to lead others into encounter with His Spirit.
- Develop greater skills to lead a band, understand music, connect with leadership, grow in community and shepherd worshippers.
Previous involvement in Worship Leadership.
- Full attendance, participation and excellent attitude for the duration of the course. NOTE: there will be homework assignments requiring up to 1 hour of time outside of class each week. If you will miss more than 1 class during these 9-weeks then we recommend that you take the course at another time when you are able to clear your schedule and commit fully to the training.
- The class is best suited for students age 16* or older (*Exceptions may be made on case by case basis. Parental release form must be signed for students under 18.)
- Tuition paid in full by first class day.
To keep our Instructor - Student ratio small, space is limited. Apply today!
Payments are made exclusively through People on a hill's online portal. No cash or check. No refunds. Discount available for members of Bethel Christian Fellowship. (See Application Form below.)
Childcare available from 6:30pm - 8:00pm. Children must be picked up at 8pm sharp. Self-sufficient children can be brought to the classroom from 8:00pm - 9:00pm if they will not be distracting to parents or other students. Otherwise, other childcare arrangements must be made by students with children.